Sunday, June 3, 2012

End of the Year...

Well, another school year has ended.  This marked the end of my 5th year working as a school-based SLP...gosh, time is flying by!  This May also marked the leaving of one of my coworkers in "The Nest"...Mrs. Caffey, a.k.a. Ashley, decided to leave our special ed dept to become a 1st grade teacher.  Not sure what I'm going to do without her being ten feet from my room everyday...I think I'm in denial!  She has been such a blessing to our special kid-os and we wish her well with her 1st graders!


All the children of "The Nest" and the aides/teachers made her this as a parting gift...the flowers are the children's finger prints and the caterpillars/lady-bugs are the adults.


We also brought her one of her very favorite things...Ashley Mac's strawberry cake!


We all got a little emotional on her last day!


Lee Anne, Sally, Ashley, Susie (we will miss you, too!!) and Jennifer


"The Nest" is so fortunate to have such special people to work with our amazing children!


The "teachers" of The Nest...Ashley, what will we do without you?!


My sister from another mother...think this will have to be framed in my classroom. 



Since the school year has ended, who do you think I am spending my days with??  The Crowe girls, of course!  I am soaking up as much time with them as possible and stealing all of LL and DB's kisses!


LibbyLicious had her six-month check up this week...she is growing like a weed!



Can y'all see why we like to call her "brows"?!


We thought she was so heavy, but she actually weighed less at her 6 month appt than DB did!


After the dr's, we went to the library for a little fun!  DB LOVES checking out books!


DB loves to tell secrets to Little D!


While Sister and DB played, I hung out with my LL...happiest baby EVER!


After a yummy lunch with Meghan, we saw this on our way home and just had to stop...nothing says summer like a stop by the DreamCakes truck!



I apologize for my blogging hiatus, I'm spending today catching up...happy Summer, y'all!   :)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs