Monday, June 1, 2009

What a Busy Week

What a busy week I have had! Last Monday a girl from HD came out and spent THREE hours measuring for my new floors. THREE HOURS!! My house is not very large, but she said what was there was VERY complicated!! And after the three hour visit she didn't even so much as give me an estimate! I received a call on Friday from HD telling me that they could NOT install my floors due to some moisture they found under my floor...of course I started crying and immediately called my dad. Needless to say I will not be using HD for my floors or cabinets!! What a waste of time!!!!

I took some time out of stripping wall paper to make a quick trip up to Albertville to see my parents. My dad's birthday, my parents' 33rd wedding anniversay (WOW!), and my mom's last day of work were all last week! A great/emotional week for the whole Decker family. My mom has taught school for 18 years and Friday was her last day!! I am super-excited she is done working so now she can come to B'ham more often, but I was sad to say good-bye to her school and her classroom.




My mom's last day of teaching-let the retirement begin!!!!

After spending some time with my mom at school, I met my dad to check-out some vanities he had found. Who knew Sand Mountain had such treasures?? This store is definitely a diamond in the rough. We're thinking of putting one of these in my powder-bath downstairs to kick it up a notch!!





We also began looking at paint colors. I'm planning on keeping things pretty neutral..mostly tans and creams. I met with our new contractor this morning and he gave me another estimate on the whole renovation. It was MUCH better than our original estimate. (i.e. cheaper!!) My financial advisor gave him the go-ahead to begin!!!! I have already talked to my painter and he hopes to get started this week! He also gave me the most amazing news yet...I don't have to take down anymore wall-paper, wahoo!!!!! His team is going to do it for me...this was amazing to hear considering my fingers almost fell off last week pulling down the double layer of floral and aztec design in the kitchen.



This weekend I headed to Nashville for one of my best friend's, Miss Bess Skipper's Bachelorette Party. It was hands down the funnest weekend I've had since college. Nine of us were there and boy did we have a great time. We surprised Bess and rented a party trolley Friday night to drive us around town-I'm not going to lie..we kind of felt like celebrities!! On Saturday night we went to Cabana and had an AMAZING dinner...I mean, lobster brie mac-and-cheese....it doesn't get much better than that! I'm sad the weekend is over, but now we are looking forward to June 27th for the big wedding.

I received a call today and the fabric I ordered for my bedding came in!! I am heading home to A'ville tomorrow to finish picking my paint colors so the painting can begin. The flooring man is also suppose to be coming out this week to bring me some floor samples. Things are finally starting to begin!!

1 comment:

  1. I remember that cute shirt you have on! Super cute shirt for a super duper price! See, you can renovate and shop at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs