Thursday, June 11, 2009

Christmas in June

Yesterday, my mom, sister, niece, and I loaded up for a shopping trip in ATL. I ordered a tufted ottoman from the Ballard's Outlet last week (without even seeing it) so we headed over to the Peach State to pick it up and do some additional shopping! First stop...Ballard's Backroom. They had some great stuff, if we would have been driving a U-Haul, we could have bought the whole place, but we were limited to my dad's Expedition. The ottoman I ordered is great. I'm not super-crazy about the color (tan/beige), but I got a great price on it and was able to get the largest one they had. Second stop..North Georgia Premium Outlets in Dawsonville, GA.

My mecca...if only I could win the lottery!


Jackpot! As soon as we walked in to the Pottery Barn Outlet, my favorite song (Aint too Proud to Beg) was playing and I knew it was a sign that we were about to hit the mother-load...and we did!! We filled up two buggies-My mom pushed Katherine in the stroller and AK and I each had a buggy. I picked up a floor lamp with a shade, throw pillows, a dark wooden tray (to put on the ottoman), a large jar to place beside my fireplace, and a light fixture for my master bathroom. My mom told me Merry Christmas!! I am SOOOO excited!

While at the outlets, we went to Williams & Sonoma and Restoration Hardware. We picked up a few odds and ends at each. For those of you who know me, you know I'm a major clothes shopper. This was the first trip in my life, where I did not enter a clothing store-it was strictly house shopping for me!! At Restoration Hardware, Katherine had a slight melt-down so we knew it was time to load up and head back to B'ham. We were loaded down!!


I told my mom since I could see out the back window that we had room for more...but she disagreed!!

On last week's post, I mentioned about not being able to check my mail. The problem has been fixed! I spent an hour and $20.00 on Tuesday at the post-office and now have 3 brand-new keys to my mailbox. Also, work has begun on the outside of my house. When I met my post-man on Tuesday at my mailbox, I drove around to my house and there was MAJOR work being done. There were generators, ladders, saw-horses, and guys with no shirts!! haha They were repairing all the rotted wood, etc. on the outside. My contractor called me at 7:30 this morning to tell me my new windows will hopefully be here tomorrow!


On a sidenote, this morning I was able to go to my niece's 9 month check-up at the Dr. My brother-in-law is out of town for the day, so I went for moral support. Katherine did a great job and barely cried when she got her one shot!!

She actually was flirting with the doctor...she kept smiling at him and clapping!! I think she is definitely going to be a heartbreaker when she gets older. She was in the 90th percentile for height and head circumference and 70th percentile for weight. She is growing like a little weed!!

4 comments:

  1. We had so much fun with you yesterday, you know how K and I both love some retail! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the blog!! I wish I had been with yall at the outlet. I just told Ben yesterday that I need to go! I agree with you- if you can see out of the back of the car when you leave, then you aren't finished shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps this why I never hear from you, you are busy blogging. Just as soon as I get back from California I will be tracking you down in B'ham for a look at the new homestead. You know I am jealous that I missed out on the roadtrip to Atlanta. Why haven't I been told about the place on Sandmountain that has the vanities? They look good! I need one myself....I am out of the loop.
    I love you and I am so proud for you!
    You wonderful Aunt Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new home!! I will keep on eye out on how all the renovations are going!! It will be just perfect once you get everything done and it is all yours. Love from California, Christa and Andrew

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs