Sunday, June 7, 2009

Good-Bye Carpet


On Thursday, when I pulled up at my house, I was thrilled to see this van with all of my yucky blue carpet. The place still reeks of pet odors, but it's not quite as overwhelming now that the carpet is gone. It already looks 100% better!! Now, if we can just get the floors installed, all will be well in the world.


My living room is now carpet-free!!

I am so thankful the reno. has officially begun, but with that comes the not-so-fun part...the spending of major money!!


The first of many checks to be written. This one was for new windows!

I finalized my paint colors for the house and sent them to my painter. Some of the colors are: Ferret, Outback Beige, and Sand. Who knew there were so many paint choices? And then there's the finish and the trim..I had to call for reinforcement with my choices from my sister and brother-in-law who are great with paint colors. My mom came in town for a few days and we went to Mayer Lighting and found some great choices for my new light fixtures. Also, I ordered my new couch from Pottery Barn and picked up my fabric for my new bedding.

The plaid is my bed-skirt and the solid fabric will be my euro shams!

Have I mentioned that I cannot check my mail? No one knows which mailbox is mine and the previous owner did not leave me a key. I have spoken with my home-owners association and my mailman and no one can tell me which mailbox is mine...so frustrating! I mean, I have never heard of such...Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? If I can ever figure out which box is mine, I guess I'm going to have to get a lock-smith out to make a new key for me...Ahh...the joys of owning a home!!

1 comment:

  1. Alright! Love the fabric! Heard your making a trip over to ATL for a Ballard's run...hope I can see you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs