Sunday, July 24, 2011

Decker Girls Beach Trip

While Daddy D was off hitting the links in Scotland, Momma D, Sister, DB and I hit the road to the Emerald Coast.  We've had it planned for months and it was over in the blink of an eye.  We shopped, ate TONS of seafood, soaked up some rays and spent lots of time playing with our favorite 2 1/2 year old.


We were LOADED down...it's a miracle we were able to fit it all in!


After we unloaded everything, we went straight to Tommy Bahama for a great meal...DB acted like a very big girl!


Our little "beach-bum"!




Sister and I cut our beach day short for a little pampering here...THANK YOU, Momma D for treating us!



We came home from the spa to find Momma D's DELICIOUS homemade peach cobbler!


Dinner and 'dancing' at Pompano Joe's!


We took a few tumbles on the dance floor...


Sister and me


DB had her first taste of Dippin' Dots and she LOVED them!


DB is a much bigger fan of the pool than the ocean!



I bet she jumped off this wall 100 times!


Our sunscreen-y baby!


We decided to be brave and all go to 'Bistro Bijoux' for dinner one night...we were a little nervous taking DB to such a nice place, but she did amazingly well!  DeeDee had LOTS of 'princess treats' ready to be given out at the slightest sight of a meltdown!




My Shrimp and Grits were AMAZING!


The Caramel-Bourbon Bread Pudding was to-die-for!!


After our big dinner, we needed to spend some time walking around...Baytowne was the perfect spot!  DB was SO excited to hold her ticket for the carousel!


We were both equally mesmerized by the 'zip-liners'!



You might be a 'dorky aunt' if you ride the carousel with your niece and make this face!
*In case any of y'all out there ever ride the Carousel at Baytowne in the future, beware...it is SUPER fast!


One night, DB wanted her hair to look like her Mommy's...so we used the diffuser and 'scrunched' it! 


This picture is for all of Sister's friends...AK let DB wear her most prized possession...her headband!


DB loved being at 'The Back Porch'...crab claws, mahi mahi and amber jack...YUM-O!




We hated to say good-bye to this amazing view!  :(



Momma D, thank you for such a wonderful trip!  It was great to get away and relax for a few days with my favorite girls.

 
post signature


3 comments:

  1. I am ready to go back. What a fun trip!! I am so blessed to be a mother and grandmother....I love my girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know ya'll had a blast..I loved living through your pics.. i felt like i was there.. where did you get your cute orange top? precious! Makes me want to go shopping.. your clothes are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you leave it all in one piece after the Decker girls' rendezvous?! How fun!! Loved all the pics, but the one of K in her mama's headband tops it for me. Ask AK about me frying it in the microwave after I accidentally got it wet one night in the cave! I'm amazes it's made it this long!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs