Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Little Ballerina

After today, it's official...I'm a 'Stage Aunt'!  My DB had her very first dance recital this morning and I took the day off of work so I could see her in action.  Growing up, I took dance for 13 years...loved every minute of it.  So when Sister told me about DB's recital and the fact that she would be wearing a 'sparkly tutu', I knew I couldn't miss it.  The lights in the room where they performed were awful...so please forgive my pics..they're not the best!

Sister and her Ballerina



Please notice her lips...I put some lipstick on her before she performed...can you say 'Stage Aunt'?!


For the opening number, they all ran in with a wand!


'Ring Around the Rosey'



Her class has their very own piano player!




Blake and Sister gave DB flowers after the recital!


Her pretty flowers!


They had snacks for the dancers afterwards...so nice!



DB, I am so proud of you!  I apologize for being the only person in the room who cried during the recital...not sure what came over me.  I'm a proud aunt, what can I say?!  I hope you always enjoy dancing as much as I did and I hope I am able to see you dance for many years to come...I love you!  


 post signature

4 comments:

  1. What a special day! So happy we could all be together. You are the BEST aunt ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want Mary Clark to be a ballerina just like Katherine.... SOOOOO PRECIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these shots are great! How did you get it to go down that low without needing a tripod? Mine would have been a blurred mess! But, putting the photography aside, the ballerina WAS ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs