Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May Recipe Club

Due to the recent storms and the fact that a lot of the group just regained power, this month's Recipe Club was super casual.  Thanks, Caron, for hosting us!  We were just excited to see everyone and know that everyone was safe.  Lauren chose 'Summertime Goodness' as our theme and all the recipes came from SouthernLiving.com.  We thought they were all yummy..but I have to admit, I think the winners were my 'Nutter Butter Banana Pudding Trifle' and my 'Potato Salad'.  Go check out our blog for these great summer recipes!


First step of the trifle...make the 'pudding'...a.k.a 'whisk constantly for 30 minutes'


Second step...set the pudding over ice and continue to whisk.


Third step...layer the pudding/bananas/Nutter Butters into the trifle dish


Fourth step...make homemade sweetened whip cream and beat it until it forms 'soft peaks'


Fifth step...crumble leftover Nutter Butters and sprinkle on top


Voile!  'Nutter Butter Banana Pudding Trifle'.  It's a great twist on your traditional 'Nana pudding recipe!


Caron's Spring Linguine with Basil


Liz' Marinated Green Beans


Melanie's Tomato-Chicken Salad


Sister's Jalapeno Pimento Cheese...it was super-spicy, but WONDERFUL!


My Roasted New Potato Salad...it has ranch and bacon in it...FANTASTIC!


Ashley's Creamy Grits with Corn


Meghan made us a fun cocktail!


The group!


I have to admit that I gashed my finger open last night while chopping the potatoes...I have a bandage on my 'bird finger' and look ridiculous.  If you see me driving down the road and you think I'm shooting you a bird, I promise I'm not!   :)


post signature

1 comment:

  1. I had some more pudding for dessert tonight! YUMMO! I will be making blake the potato salad soon. It involves his 2 favorite things, ranch and bacon :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs