Saturday, May 28, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is Daddy D's Birthday....Happy Birthday, Dad!  I had an idea earlier in the week and called Sister to see if she wanted to help me with my plan.  I wanted to surprise Dad at lunch on Friday.  With me being officially done with school for the summer (Hallelujah!) I was up for a day-trip to A'ville.  Now, if you know my Dad at all, you would know that EVERY Friday he eats lunch with Mr. Rusty.  So when I was working out the details of the surprise, I knew I had to involve Mr. Rusty...he was our partner-in-crime! haha

Shockingly, we arrived at Santa Fe before the guys did...it was a close call with a certain red pick-up truck on 431, but we made it.  Mr. Rusty's kids, Brett and Lauren, happened to be in town, so they joined us as well.  Oh, and Mr. Tony did too!  Oh to have been a fly on the wall in the restaurant...I get really excited about surprising people...so, I was a little hyper/on-edge/loud.  Sister shot me about 10 'G.T.H.' looks throughout the whole thing.  We crouched behind a wall and when he walked up, we  I jumped up and yelled "Surprise!!!"  Sister totally left me high and dry and I was the only one to make an idiot of myself...and while getting so excited, I forgot to take pictures of his face when we jumped up...I was even holding my camera in my hand and still forgot.  He was VERY surprised! 


Sister peeking out the window waiting on Dad to arrive!


While waiting on the group, we killed time taking pictures.....


and eating a lot of these!


The Group


The Birthday Boy


The best cake in the whole world comes from the A'ville Home Bakery...YUM!


After lunch, Sister and I went to Dad's office and spent some more time with him.  We propped up our feet in his office and discussed our portfolios...NOT! 
(This pic was taken with my iPhone)



HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!  I hope today is your best birthday ever.  Also, I would like to wish my parents a Happy 35th Wedding Anniversary on Sunday!!  In this day and time I think that is one heck of an accomplishment.  Mom and Dad, thanks for setting such a wonderful example for Sister and me on how wonderful marriage can be.  Love y'all! 



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to Bobby! What a fun birthday surprise!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs