Monday, February 28, 2011

Tidbits

I guess this post could be considered a 'Sunday Confession' post...just a day late.  From a young age, I always wanted to wear pearls, carry a purse, wear big sunglasses, and wear clothes that were certainly 'more mature' than my actual age.  Also, I'm probably the only 27 year old who still 'flips' her hair out, doesn't straighten it everyday and who knows all the words to the 'oldies'....The Temptations, The Supremes, 4 Tops, and Sam Cooke are always at the top of my iPod playlist.  My mom used to tell me that I had an 'old soul' and I have come to realize that she is right. 

Have you ever thought you and someone were kindred spirits?   I think Jackie O, a.k.a. my idol, and I are long-lost sisters.  I love everything about her style...the hats, the pearls, the over-sized sunglasses, and all the beautiful dresses.  To me, she epitomizes the ultimate classy woman.  When I'm shopping, I randomly see 'Jackie" dresses on mannequins that are literally screaming, "Buy me Virginia, Buy me!"  The only problem is that my sister Jackie and I don't quite have the same budget!  lol  When dressing, I am a firm believer in wearing things that are flattering and that leave a lil' bit to the imagination.  Jackie always did both.  Jackie may no longer be with us, but her style definitely lives on and it inspires me everyday.  The following pictures are some that I feel represent her style....and the only word I can use to describe her style is...stunning. 







I've always enjoyed reading quotes, but lately I've found myself finding inspiration from reading blogs who publish fantastic quotes and pictures.  One of the blogs on the top of my must-follow list right now is Dream A Little Dream.  I saw the following quote on there last week and it really hit home with me.


Today is the last day of February...wow...where did the month go?  Ok, I really have to end this post so I can get geared up for the Bachelor!  Yes, I know what you're all thinking, yet another reality show to add to Virginia's long list of tv shows...but in my defense, it's addictive!  Also, I apologize for my lack of blogging lately...I promise to do a better job in March!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love you and miss you!!! You love the same things I love ...too bad I Know those times from living not like you from reading about them... But I guess you are only as old as you feel...I am young in spirt anyway..today one of my kids asked me if I went to school with Dr.Seuss???

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs