Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February Recipe Club

I hosted this month's Recipe Club and chose Paula Deen as our theme.  My Aunt Vicki gave me a new Paula Deen cookbook for Christmas, so I decided it was time to put it to good use.  All the recipes I chose sounded DELISH...and of course, most of them had at least a stick of butter in the recipe!! haha  I went with Valentine's Day as my decor...there were red and pink flowers/hearts everywhere.  If you know the Decker family at all, you know we love a theme!  A HUGE thanks to my mom for all she did helping to 'swoozie' up my house.

By far, the best recipe this month was the Southern Buttermilk Biscuit and Blue Cheese Bread Pudding that Lauren made....AMAZING!  It was very rich, but would be perfect for the holidays or a special occasion.  I thought they were all yummy and if you're looking for some good ole southern cookin' staples, go check out our blog for all the recipes!!  They won't disappoint!











Ashley's Double Cheesy Mac 'n Cheese 


Caron's Baked Chicken with Dijon and Lime


Lauren's AMAZING Buttermilk Biscuit and Blue Cheese Bread Pudding


Liz' Toffee-Coconut Rocky Road Bars


Meghan's Orange, Strawberry, and Date Salad with Buttermilk Dressing


Sister's Smoky-Tomato Bacon Pasta


I made Four-Cheese and Pesto Italian Baked Spaghetti


 The group!


To the girls who couldn't make it, we missed you!  But I'm sure your waistlines are glad you couldn't make it! haha  As Paula would say, "Best Dishes and Best Wishes y'all!"


post signature

3 comments:

  1. I say next month we meet at Pinches, haha!!!! Such a fun night, thanks sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! Everything looked SO delicious - can't wait until next month!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs