Sunday, February 13, 2011

27

Turning 27 wasn't quite as painful as I thought it would be.  I am a HUGE fan of celebrating everyone else's birthdays, but not a huge fan of celebrating my own...but I did a lot better job of getting on board with the celebrations this year than I did last year.  I am incredibly blessed to be surrounded by the most amazing friends, fantastic family, and awesome coworkers ever.  They helped remind me each year is a blessing and that each birthday, no matter what the age, should be celebrated!

Thursday night, my B'ham girls took me out for some Mexican food and my favorite...strawberry cupcakes!


The gang at La Paz...thanks girls for a wonderful dinner!


Katherine and Sister brought me birthday lunch to school on Friday!


Who doesn't love a candle in their chicken sandwich?!


Two of my favorite girls!  


This year, my family had my birthday dinner at Gian Marco's...it was FANTASTIC!




Saturday morning, we had family breakfast at Over Easy...everyone go eat there...it's super yummy!



For V-Day, DB got the dancing Mickey..."Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog!"



Thanks, Sister and Blake for my new Tory sandals...can't wait for them to get here!


Oh how I have dreamt of these shoes for seriously 2 years...I am so excited to finally have them!  Thanks, Mom and Dad!


K's cute owl towel


My V-Day bag from my parents


I have had this knife on my want list for months...LOVE it!


A big thank you to everyone for making my 27th Birthday so wonderful.  My late 20s aren't looking as bad as I thought they would!  I spent this morning with 9 of my coworkers running the Mercedes Marathon Relay...it was amazing and such a wonderful experience.  Congrats ETC 1 and ETC 2...I'm so proud of us!
Well, tomorrow is V-Day..a.k.a 'A Single Girl's Worst Nightmare'.  I'm approaching it with a positive attitude and a smile...we'll see if it holds out.  Love to all!   :)


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Virginia! Sounds like lots of fun celebrations! Love the TB themed gifts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virginia, I forgot you had a blog! ha! I have now added it to my google reader so I can stay in the loop :) I just read back a few posts to catch up. Love it all! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday, VLD! Looks like you racked up, woman! But you're worth it all, I just know it! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs