Sunday, September 18, 2011

Under the Sea

Katherine chose "Under the Sea" for her birthday party theme this year.  Y'all, she is a girl after my own heart!  I had a "Little Mermaid" party back in the day and I was obsessed with all things mermaid related.  Sister decided to keep the party simple and low-key this year (didn't know she knew how to do that!!) and it was perfect.  They had a pool party at their neighborhood pool with family and a few close friends.  


I stuck with the theme of the party for my present...a singing Ariel doll and 'The Little Mermaid' DVD!
(And yes, I bought her the massive 'princess castle' balloon behind her...ppl stared at me when I busted up in the food court with it!)


I have a tradition with DB...I always get her the huge number balloon for the mailbox.


Dee Dee bought K some pink sparkly TOMS for her to wear to dance class...they're so cute!


Dee Dee also brought her a 'Tinkerbell' costume to play dress-up with...she wants to wear it all the time!


Dee Dee's tradition with Katherine is this...she always makes her a cupcake cake for her to eat on her birthday!


The birthday girl was ready to get the party started!!
















After the party, we all went back to their house so K could open up some more presents!





DB, I hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend!  I had so much fun celebrating with you and I'm already looking forward to next year's festivities!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Great pics! Happy Bday DB! I'm so glad you can continue to live your mermaid dream through DB!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs