Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Best of 2K10

Did 2010 fly by as quickly for y'all as it did for me?  For me, it has gone by in the blink of an eye.  My mom used to always tell me that the years fly by as you get older, but I thought she was exaggerating...she wasn't.  Maybe one of these days I'll learn to listen to her...(note to self: add to list of Resolutions!)

2010 was a fantastic year.  Below is my list of high-lights from the past year!
  • These shows topped my DVR queue for the majority of the year...I was either watching one of these shows or reading about them in US magazine.








  • I met Bill from TLC's "The Little Couple" while celebrating Britt's Bachelorette weekend in NOLA

  • Brittany got married!!!!



  • Allison got married!!!


  • My Auburn Tigers had a perfect football season and are headed to the BCS National Championship...and yes, yours truly will be there cheering them on!


  • I joined a Recipe Club
  • I went from being in my mid 20s to being in my late 20s
  • I got my ultimate dream job
  • My DB/Hot Muffin turned two years old
  • Stepped WAAYYYYout of my comfort zone and went on a few blind dates (btw, I'm still single, so if you know of any available bachelors, let me know!)
  • Took a photography class...wish I had time to take another
  • The Sexy Lexy was involved in her first car accident
  • Became addicted to all things Jersey...Jerseylicious, Jersey Couture, RHONJ...if anyone is going to visit that area, can I tag along?  I'm dying to get a Jersey makeover!
2011 looks to be an equally fabulous year.  I'm starting things off with a trip to Glendale, followed quickly by a mountain trip with my Focker friends, and I'm running in my second 5K in February.  This will be the first year since I graduated college many moons ago that one of my friends isn't getting married....so my summer looks to be wide open!  If you would like to bring me along on your summer vacay, email/text/call me..I operate on all forms of communication.

My dad has encouraged me to sit down and write out my goals for 2011...personal/financial/etc. My Aunt Vicki gave me a cute owl journal (shocker!) so I thought I would start a new tradition and actually write down what I hope to achieve in 2011. Here are a few of the things I hope to achieve this year: (And I'm sharing these with y'all to hold myself accountable...and in hopes to be a more honest blogger)
  • Become a more frequent blogger
  • Find some amazing buffalo check curtains that are remotely affordable...and find some curtain rods for my beautiful, yet hard to figure out what to do with, bay windows
  • Perfect my nighttime pictures
  • Eat dinner at Highland's
  • Become less addicted to all forms of chap stick (Carmex/Vaseline/Chap Stick)
  • Read more books
  • Splurge on some form of pampering for myself...facial/massage/manicure
  • Join a church
  • Save more and spend less
One of my best friend's motto is: "Whatever makes a girl happy!" and I intend to apply that to 2011.  So, bring on 2011 and all the drama and shenanigans that comes along with it...I'm ready! (or I think I am)
Happy New Year everyone!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Ok.. so we should have been college roommates!!!
    I watch, Housewives, One Tree Hill, Guiliana and Bill (SP?? on her), Gossip Girl and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Now.. I don't get to watch them all the time but you hit all of mine except Brothers and Sisters...whew
    See you tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that being a more frequent blogger is top on the 2011 list! Your blog is one of my favs :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs