Thursday, January 6, 2011

Since Birth...

I have been an Auburn Tiger.  My parents raised us in orange and blue. We grew up tailgating in our motor home outside Beard Eaves Coliseum and throwing a football while wearing our cheerleading outfits.  Sister and I only applied to one college...the only one that exists in our opinion.  So naturally, the Deckers are heading to Glendale...I have to admit it took a little convincing on my part, but in the end the parentals decided to let Sister and me come along for the trip of a lifetime. 

Have I ever mentioned my mom's ability to surprise us with thoughtful gifts?  I checked my mail today and saw an orange envelope addressed to me from my parents.  Below is what I found inside...



Yes, that's us...the Decker family back in the 80s.  Back before we had given my dad his grey hair, when it was trendy to wear appliqued sweatsuits, and when I went by the name "Ginny Decker".  I cried as soon as I saw it...my mom knows just how to hit you with something out of nowhere...and boy is she good at it!  I am so thankful to be going to see my Auburn family with my Decker family...We are ALL IN and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Thanks, Mom and Dad, for all the wonderful Auburn memories we have made together and here's to making many more!  WDE!!!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED this the minute I saw it. Diana knows how to jerk a tear (or two). Glendale or BUST baby!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Decker - that is awesome!!! I am so excited you are going to Glendale! Have a blast and make some great memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I never knew you all spent the weekends in the Coliseum parking lot! The Careys too.. in our "Southwind" motorhome. I have a November bday so most of my bday parties were in that parking lot! We could have been right next to each other! See you out there- WDE

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs