Saturday, June 11, 2011

What a Week...

Whew!  The past couple of days have been a whirlwind to say the least.  Let's flasback to Wednesday around lunchtime....

I am leaving Children's Hospital where I had been volunteering and I get a call from my mom saying we had a "situation"...Sister and K were both extremely sick at the beach with the stomach virus...and with Sister being prego, we were all extremely worried.  So what did I do?  I hopped on a plane and flew down to the beach in hopes that I could be of some help while praying to the Lord that I didn't come down with it as well. 

When I got to their house, the situation was not good...Tara's daughter, Blair, had gotten sick along with the babysitter Mary Tom.  Poor Claire had been playing nurse to the whole house while taking care of her two young boys.  The whole house was dropping like flies.  I helped Lysol, disinfect, load up the Verdigets' and continued to pray that I wouldn't come down with the bug.

On Thursday morning, Sister and DB were both feeling MUCH better...hallelujah!  We even got to spend some time at the beach, the pool and do a little shopping!  The girls were staying at Seacrest, so we ventured to Rosemary, Alys Beach, and Seaside all while I was there.  I picked up a new outfit and ate some yummy food.  I rode back to B'ham yesterday with Sister and K and it was quite the trip...took FOREVER to make it home and K even got sick again on the way back.  Then last night, I got sick!  My bug doesn't seem to be quite as fierce as the one that hit Sister, but needless to say it's not been a fun weekend for me!

Due to the quickness of my leaving on Wednesday, I didn't even take 'The Reb' with me...so all of these pictures are via my iPhone...sorry for all the blurriness!


I had to dash to Target and buy a suitcase before my flight b/c all of mine were in A'ville...isn't this the cutest suitcase ever?!


Thursday morning on the beach...it was beautiful!



DB was a little hesitant of the sand...


While shopping in Seaside we found TONS of owls...these were the cutest ones we found!




Reid and Davis Joiner and DB in their matching shirts!


We said good-bye to the Joiners and hit the road!


K on the drive back to the Ham...don't you just love her 'Thor' headband she got at BurgerKing?!



I sure hope no one else comes down with this stomach bug...it's fierce and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy! 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs