Friday, June 17, 2011

A New Lens and a Photo Shoot

A couple of months ago I heard about a website where you could rent lenses for your camera.  I was intrigued and knew I wanted to rent one, but wasn't quite sure which one I wanted to try out.  When I found out Sister was prego with Baby #2, I decided I wanted to try out a close-up (Macro) lens.  I spoke with my fellow amateur photographer, 61, and she helped me narrow it down to a 100 mm/2.8 Macro lens. 

After much discussion, we decided we needed to rent some lenses and have a 'photo shoot'.  Tara and Blair drove over from ATL and we met up at the Botanical Gardens EARLY this morning.  Sister packed her 'assistant' backpack...she had it all...princess gummies, juice boxes, dresses and a squishy pig!  She was a life-saver and did a great job making the girls smile for the over 500 pics we took.  We jumped, we danced and even climbed over/through a fence in order to get the best shots we possibly could.

When the lens arrived yesterday, I have to admit that I was very intimidated...it's a hard-core professional lens.  And after today, I'm officially in love with it...I'm contemplating selling a kidney on the black market so that I can buy it sometime soon...it is AMAZING!!!  It is so up-close you can see hair follicles! 

Enjoy the pics of the girls!  Caution-there's quite a few of them!


Tara was ready!


Sister, a.k.a "Our Assistant" was ready!


Here we go!






















A bump-shot of Sister!


After our photo shoot, we spent some time baby-pool side in the driveway!




Tara, we had so much fun with y'all this morning and I can't wait to see all 400 of your pics!  Katherine and Blair-thanks for being such photogenic subjects...I have a feeling this is the first of many more photo shoots to come!   :)


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for such an awesome mothers day present! I can't quit looking at all the pics! You are becoming quite the photog, woohoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics are A-MAZING! No need for professional photography when you are around Gigi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a great time! SO FUN! Next on the agenda for the summer... Samford Hall!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs