Saturday, March 5, 2011

A 'W' and Chocolate Cake

Well, Mr. Darcy did it...last weekend he brought home the 'W' for his leading role in 'The King's Speech'!!!  I am so glad I pushed through my exhaustion Sunday night and stayed up to see him win...I'm not gonna lie...I teared up during his acceptance speech.  And not to mention he looked oh-so dapper all dressed up.

Not only did my man win for his role, but the whole movie won for best picture.  I was thrilled!!  I've waited years to see a movie bring the role of speech-language therapy into the spotlight.  Congrats to Colin and the entire cast...this SLP couldn't be happier for y'all!




To celebrate the big 'W' and in an attempt to curb my craving for something sweet, Momma Decker and I whipped up a chocolate sheet cake.  The parentals made a pit stop in B'ham on their way to the beach.  Now don't get too excited...it's not a 'real' chocolate cake.  For all you Weight Watchers warriors, it's our version of a 'real' chocolate cake.  haha  It's around 6 points plus value per slice.  I found the recipe on the WW website.  It was fairly easy, but it sure did require a lot of ingredients.  After being scolded for placing the cake on the wrong oven rack that ended up causing a little longer baking time, it finally was ready.  The reviews are in.....YUMMY!  It is very moist, light and fluffy.  Momma Decker and I LOVED it...Now, Daddy Decker wasn't such a fan...but he doesn't like 'light' things.  If you're like me and are used to eating 'fake' foods, I highly recommend it!





Happy weekend everyone!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs