Saturday, March 19, 2011

SBK 2K11

Well, SBK 2K11 is officially over...how did the week go by so fast?  There were no big trips, no big plans for me this year...I spent the week checking things off my to-do list (dr. appts, hair cut, etc) and spending time with the fam.  My DB had SBK this week as well, so the timing couldn't have been any better.

Since my grill got installed, I've been dying to try it out and grill some yummy burgers.  When Blake married my sister almost 6 years ago, I don't think he knew what he was getting himself into...not sure AK told him he would be gaining a sister that would be around ALL the time! haha  They are always so good to me and do so much for me all the time, I thought I'd whip them up a meal to show my gratitude.  We grilled burgers and corn, had pasta salad and a yummy chocolate chess pie for dessert...and yes, I made all of it!  I think I have permanently ruined my oven after spilling the pie everywhere, but it was worth it...it was all very tasty!






Momma Decker came in town on Thursday and we spent some time at one of our favorite places....The Summit!




Friday, my BFF Kinzi, texted me asking if I wanted to go on a random road trip for the day....to Mississippi.  I had nothing on the agenda for the day, so I thought, why not?  I always love a good road trip.  She needed to visit a customer in Columbus, MS.  Well, we got so caught up in conversation that Kinzi forgot to look at the GPS....so we missed a few turns and ended up in Meridian, MS!  It was such a cluster...Kinzi was crying and I was laughing...think we turned around in the median at least twice.  It all worked out because she had a client in Meridian she could call on while we were there.  We ate a yummy lunch and even found a super-cute boutique!



One of the biggest things on my list for this spring was to go with DB to the zoo.  This morning, I met the Crowes for a morning with the animals!  I think I had more fun than Katherine...I loved seeing all the animals and I, of course, took hundreds of pictures.  For some reason, I was DYING to ride the camel...but the line was too long. I fully intend to go back ASAP to pay the $5.50 for my camel ride.






















Tomorrow marks the first day of spring...hallelujah!  I know we're all ready for sunshine and warm weather.  Whatever you did this week, I hope you had a great SBK 2K11!          


post signature

3 comments:

  1. We had such a good time with you on SBK '11!! We love getting to see Gigi everyday and will be so sad next week :( Now we are on countdown until May 27th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great pics Virginia! I always stink at taking zoo pics. Could be that Blair tries to climb the fence to go "see" the animals. Looks like you had a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun week, I wish I had a SPK!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs