Sunday, March 13, 2011

It's the Small Things

As I get older, I've learned it's the small things in life that are the most important...it's the small things that bring you the greatest joy and happiness.  I spent the weekend with three of the people that bring me the greatest joy...my mom, my dad, and my DB.  I can't even put into words how much fun we had.  Katherine is at a really fun age (2 1/2) and is beginning to act like a very big girl.  Enjoy our wonderful weekend fun through pictures!

K loved my new 'sun hat'!


Best snack ever


We finally found the dancing Mickey...I've done the 'Hot Diggety Dog' dance all weekend!


We met the Ferneaus' at Ichiban in Guntersville


Love my Aunt Jenn


YUM!




DB was a little scared of the flames...


Who doesn't love fireworks in the middle of March?!


Bath time with Dora




I seriously couldn't love my DB anymore than if she were my own child.



GrandBobby is a pro at bath time.  He decided to take over doing Katherine's shampoo and do to her hair what he used to do to ours....don't think this is Bobby's 1st rodeo!



Blast from the past...this is me at around the same age as Katherine. 


The expression on my face is identical to one that Katherine makes!


Round brush to the rescue...I gave DB her very first side-swoop!


'Hetti the Hippo' follows us into every room


The parentals have a Keurig that I covet...I drink LOTS of this when I'm at home.


Dee Dee is the best...she made Katherine homemade play-doh!


Happy Spring Break everyone!!!


post signature

5 comments:

  1. We did have a fabulous weekend. Dad and I are happiest when our girls are around! Glad you could be with us....we miss you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Virginia! I LOVE how much you love your DB. It reminds me so much of my relationship with my sweet niece Georgia Anne. I was single and my sister (and BF) has the most precious little girl who I adore....and totally spoiled. Trust me, it only gets better! She is 7 now and we are still the best of friends (even though I am married and now have a little one). Katherine is a very lucky little girl to have you in her life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got to spend the weekend with DB! It's been hard coming back to reality for her, but fortunately enough it's SBK and we get to see you all week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the funniest dang post I have ever seen! Those pics of the "golden days" are hilarious! DB looks alot like her Gigi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love it all! Especially the flashback picture...Bobby hasn't changed a bit! Looks like Katherine has it rough when she's with y'all, poor thing! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs