Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March Recipe Club


Ashley hosted Recipe Club this month and she chose a Mardi Gras theme. I love Cajun food, but have never attempted to cook any of it....until now! Holy cow, these recipes were AMAZING! Every single dish was delicious. Not only were the recipes were great, but Ashley had her beautiful home decorated to a 't'! There were beads, boas and even some jazz music...I totally felt like I was in NOLA!  Everyone go check out our blog and make some of these dishes.  My personal favorite was Sister's bread pudding...I won't tell y'all how much of it I actually ate because it's down right embarrassing.


Ashley's beautiful dining room


Mardi Gras themed tablescape



Meghan's Mozzarella and Onion Stuffed Bread


Rhonda's Mardi Gras Salad


Meghan's Creole Tomato Salad


Caron's Red Beans and Rice


Liz' Okra Creole


Melanie's Mini Muffulettas


My Chicken and Sausage Jumbalaya


Ashley's Cajun-Baked Catfish


Sister's Pineapple-Apple Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce (YUM!)


In addition to the bread pudding, Ashley had a king cake for us...yours truly was the lucky gal who got the baby in her piece.  I've heard it's supposed to bring you good luck for the year and I sure hope that's right.   It looks like Fat Tuesday hit our group a day early!  Ashley, thanks for a wonderful recipe club this month...it was a blast!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Let the good times roll! Sounds wonderful...I would like a copy of the recipes. Good to know you'll be buying the King cake next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a blast and love all your pictures. Makes me hungry, and you would think I'd still be full from last night! Thanks sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs