Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekend Fun

For my Dad's birthday back in May, all he asked for from his girls was a home-cooked dinner with the whole family. I hate to admit, but it was not until this weekend that we finally pulled through on our promise. Dad-I promise next year we'll do better!! Sister and Blake graciously offered to host the feast at their house. It was an amazing meal full of fabulous food and great conversations. I brought "The Reb" along to dinner so I could capture the scrumptiousness of the meal!!

Sister had my favorite V-Day candy out...Sweet Tart hearts!!



While Sister, Blake, and I cooked, DiDi and GrandBobby entertained the DB!!

Everyone was getting excited for the meal!

Cheers to Dad!!!



I made some twice-baked potatoes.....


Chef Blake cooked up some amazing fried crab claws and filet mignons!!!!

Gotta love a lettuce wedge!

Creme Brulee for dessert!

Finished product!


In addition to doing some cooking this weekend, we also did some decorating! There is always a project to be done in my house, and I'm happy to report that we have checked another one off the list!! Last summer, I purchased some brown dried-leaf wreaths to hang in my bedroom. Until this weekend, they had been sitting in my bedroom floor!! I had been dying to get them hung, but we were waiting on the arrival of the armoire before we decided where they would hang. After much debate and lots of ribbon shopping, they are now hung in my bedroom and they are looking wonderful! After focusing months on the downstairs of my house, I am now shifting focus to the upstairs...specifically-my bedroom! It is a work in progress, but we are getting there slowly but surely!
I love them!!

The wreaths beside the "much anticipated" armoire

1 comment:

  1. Virginia, your bedroom looks GREAT! I have pictured those wreaths hanging up everytime I have come! Loved the recap of the fun dinner. Everything looked YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs