Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas: Part II

This Christmas brought on new traditions for our family. Instead of spending Christmas Day morning in A'ville and the rest of the day in Huntsville with the Ferneaus, we (Deckers and Ferneaus) came to B'ham to spend the day with Sister, Blake, and the DB. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to hold back ripping into the presents until we made it to the Ham. I know I am 25, but I am actually still a 5 year old at heart. I wake up early (6:30 a.m.) every Christmas morning ready to open some presents...and yes, I still make a list for Santa. They say when you stop believing, he stops coming...so I will ALWAYS believe! We made it to B'ham in time to visit with Blake's parents before they left for AU. The DB was taking her morning nap when arrived, so we decided to do our Christmas while she was asleep so we could focus on her presents when she woke up. Santa had already come to see K, but we had LOTS more for her to open. Personally, I think this was my best Christmas ever...guess I was extra good this year!! haha
Below are pics from Chrismtas morning.

We love towel wraps in our family...DB got one for herself! It's soooo tiny!!
Sister and me

Pre-opening

Sister was super-excited about salt and pepper shakers

I always love a Tory Christmas! Can't wait to wear these in the spring...they're snake skin!

Can you tell by the look on my face? I was sooooo surprised to open a.....

CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was the last present I opened...I started screaming like a kid!!

This little bear was her favorite present! haha

I gave DB 'Baby Stella' and this cool puzzle

She needed a little help from Mommy to open all of her loot

Another wagon for the DB....it's so cute!

Dad got an AU Snuggie from his Secret Santa person...his isn't as cool as my hot pink one! haha

As evidenced by the pics, our family had a wonderful Christmas. I can't even begin to list off what all we opened. A big shout out to Sister for putting on a wonderful spread for us to eat...she had big shoes to fill, but I think she outdid herself! We had wonderful food and drinks all day and managed to play a few games...things tend to get a little heated with our family! haha Watching the DB open her presents was the highlight of the day...I often wonder what we ever did before she was here! My favorite present was definitely my camera!!! I have already ordered another lens for it and am looking into taking a photography class...watch out blog world...my pics are about to be taken to another level!!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm so happy you got a pimp camera! Can't wait to see all the fun pics you take with it! Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs