Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I Give a Hoot

Thought I would make this post about two of my favorite things...owls and "The Reb". To those of you who don't know me, I felt the need to explain my love of owls. The obsession started almost eight years ago on the Loveliest Village on the Plains. The owl is the mascot of my college sorority....Chi-O. To me, the owl symbolizes friendship, fun-times, sisterhood, and a special connection to lots of amazing people known and unknown. With "The Reb" hung around my neck, I went on a quest to find the perfect subject matter. Then it dawned on me....my OWLS! Each of my owls has a special story behind them. Some were presents, some were souvenirs, and some are just down-right funny. Below are some pics of a few of the ones I found hiding in my house tonight....Enjoy!



"Going Green Owl"





"Office Owl" (A.K.A. paper weight owl)



"Cutie Owl" (this is actually a present for my niece)




"Going Out Owl"



"Soapy Owl"






"Pop-A-Top Owl" (Brought to me from Europe...thanks Britt, Casey, and Lucas!!)






"Paula Deen Owl"




"SLP Owl" (Given to me by my amazing, student intern Caroline who is a fellow owl-lover as well....this is a unique hand-crafted owl who flew in from Mississippi!!)




Here's looking at y'all! HOOTY-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love all your hoots! And great camera action, you're becoming quite a pro!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to know how you get your pics this big on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute! And, you're right they truly do symbolize something special. :)

    Love,
    A fellow lover of owls, HOOTY HOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so I haven't been on here in FOREVER! I love your blog! You are so dang positive!!! I have to say I love what you named the camera. I'll refrain from any Ole Miss comments, but I would love to put a few in here! :) Your neice is precious!!! I hope to see you soon at work...miss ya!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs