Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weekend=Time to Work

This weekend, my Aunt Vicki, Uncle Dan, and cousin Bret came down from Chattanooga to help me do some work to my house. They can do everything! I wish I could hire them to help me finish my house and I am forever indebted to them for all they helped me do. We worked ourselves to death Friday and Saturday. Well, Aunt Vicki and I mainly delegated and did odd jobs (going back and forth to H.D.), while Uncle Dan and Bret did all the electrical work. We changed out every switch and recepticle (didn't know what that was until this weekend) in the whole house. We changed my old-school toggle switches to pimp/modern rectangular switches. My Uncle Dan is "The Man". He can do anything and everything. I think the grand total of visits to Home Depot this weekend alone is about four. People began waving at us on Saturday...that is a major indication that I spend too much time there. Here are some pics from our weekend.


Every girl has to have a pink tool belt!


Katherine wanted in on the work too!


Uncle Dan and Bret are hard at work!


So pumped about my new switches!



My new microwave got installed!


Aunt Vicki bought me "Hooty". My first addition to my house! (Of course it had to be an owl!)


My parents were also in town this weekend and helped out a lot. My dad repainted my house numbers and installed some new shower heads. In the past couple of days I have learned a lot about renovations and tools. I am now familiar with channel locks and crescent wrenches. In my last post, I mentioned how the fridge that was delivered was too large and we were going to have to do repair work to make it fit. Mike (my contractor) called me Friday morning and informed me that it would NOT fit...Of course I burst into my tears and called my Dad. He ripped me a new one and told me to get a grip and immediately go to H.D. to try and rectify the situation. (My Dad and I obviously handle stress differently! haha) I spent an hour with the store manager and got everything handled...or at least I think so. I have a new smaller version of my original fridge arriving on Tuesday!!

1 comment:

  1. EARN GLOBAL MONEY shows you different earning programs from all over the globe and help people to earn money from different earning program owned by different organizations.
    visit=www.earnglobalmoney.info Click Here

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs