Friday, July 31, 2009

Alive...Barely

Well I have officially moved into the new place. Sorry for not posting for awhile, but I went with the fam to Sandestin for a week and then moved, so have had no internet, and actually still don't. (I'm at AK's house right now and praying AT&T will be calling me very soon to fix this problem.) I have decided there is nothing fun about moving...it is one of the worst things in the world. My body is aching all over right now from this past week-I really understand the term "sweat equity" now. I have never worked so hard on something in my whole life.

Thank goodness for my mom. She came down on Monday night to help me start getting the place ready for the move on Tuesday morning. She is a life-saver and the best cleaning lady ever! I think I have worked her a little too hard, but I honestly couldn't have made it through the week without her. I knew the place was dirty when I bought it, but after all the construction it was even dirtier....or disgusting might be a better word. Two Men and a Truck (it was actually 3 young guys and a truck! haha) came out to the old place Tuesday morning and very quickly hauled out my furniture. I was kind of sad to leave the condo and my roommate Brittany, but very excited to be moving into the new place.

I finally got the carpet installed and I love it!!!! I still have no cabinets, so all my kitchen stuff is sitting in boxes around the house. I am eating off of paper plates/bowls and using plastic silverware! Also, my couch has yet to arrive from Pottery Barn, so all I have in my living room is a Crazy Creek chair!! That's right, I've had to pull out the old college chair...thank goodness I had not thrown it away. I had a wingback chair, but I had to send it to A'ville with Mom yesterday to get re-upholstered. (I found a beautiful French country toile in chocolate and blue) My new bed arrived on Wednesday and I LOVE it...it is sooo comfy. 61-it might be as wonderful as y'alls "heavenly bed". Mom and Dad are coming down tomorrow and we are going to pick up my new headboard and hopefully my new bedding will be done next week.

Do any of you ppl out there have a mounted TV in your living room? What I thought was going to be no big deal has turned into a nightmare. Due to the layout of my living room, the TV has to be mounted-no other options. The DIRECTV ppl came out on Tuesday and stayed for 5 1/2 hours!! They were incompetent and just couldn't seem to get it working. My contractor Mike told me to have them drill a hole through the crawlspace and to run the cable through the floor. The workmen tried to tell me it couldn't be done....but as I like to say, "If Mike says it can be done, it can be done!" So after shedding a few tears to the guys, they drilled the hole and what should have cost me a bundle, I got for free! (Crying always helps!) Now my electrician just has to come out and wire everything through the wall.

I'm in the middle of a little drama with my painters. They are charging us a fortune for the painting and it looks awful. There is TONS of touch-ups that still need to be done and not to mention they haven't painted the cabinets. I am NOT a happy camper with them right now. I can't use my kitchen or any of my vanities in the bathrooms because none of them have been painted. I'm sure y'all are getting a mental image of what my house looks like right now! Maybe by December it will all come together.

A big shout-out to my whole family for all of their help this week. My cousin Connor was here for a few days, and my Aunt Jen came down and fixed up my flower bed in front of my house. It majorly upped my curb appeal!! Sorry, I have no pics to post because I don't have my computer up and running at the new place yet. Hopefully I will have another update soon!

1 comment:

  1. I can just see you sitting in the crazy creek while you eat your cereal and watch your shows! I can't wait for some pics!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs