Thursday, July 16, 2009

Drama, Drama, Drama

Let's start with yesterday. I was out at the house because the guys were installing my granite vanity top for my bathroom. I was standing in the kitchen writing something down and all of a sudden I began to hear running water coming from somewhere. I looked in the room that has the AC unit and hot water heater and find gushing water coming from a pipe in the wall. Panic mode set in. The plumber had just left about 15 minutes prior to this happening. I of course began screaming and tried to fix the pipe myself...I know you all are laughing right now..but I at least tried! Thank goodness I was able to get the plumber back out to the house to fix it. Apparently one of the granite men turned on my shower upstairs and that's what caused the leak. I'm just glad I was out there when it started leaking or we could have had a nightmare situation. Here are some pics of my new kitchen sink and my new vanity top in the master bath.


Today is the biggest day we've had thus far in the renovation process. My blinds were installed ( a week ahead of time and they look amazing!!!) and my appliances were delivered. I get a phone call around noon saying the appliances would be delivered in 30 minutes, so my mom and I decided to run to Chick-Fil-A to pick up some lunch before they arrived. We get there and they are closed!!! When is Chick-Fil-A ever closed??!! Very annoyed at this point, we head to Roly Poly. Did I mention we look super-gross and have on work clothes and no make-up?? Of course we run into someone from A'ville...there are Sand Mtn. ppl everywhere! haha While there I get a call from the appliance men saying they'll be there in 10 MINUTES! We are at least 2o minutes from being back at the house..and then, it begins storming. It hasn't rained here in weeks and of course when my appliances are being delivered, the bottom falls out. Thank goodness my mom was with me because I was about to have a breakdown. The workmen had a huge GE truck filled up with goodies for me. When we saw the fridge, I was like, holy cow-that thing is huge. My mom said, "That's not going to fit".


Will the fridge fit????


Nope, it won't fit!!!!

At this point, total breakdown mode was about to set in. The guy said, "Ma'am, it's not gonna fit." !!!!!!! He said the problem was when I measured for the fridge I had linoleum on the floors and now with the hardwoods, it just won't fit. So now I have to trim down the cabinets and remove some molding along the floor. Eventually it will get installed, but for now my monster of a fridge is sitting in my breakfast nook.




Dishwasher and Microwave



The oven looks great! Well, it will once the granite men come back out and remove the piece they put behind the stove. Did everyone know that some ranges don't go flush to the wall? Well, of course mine does and now it's sticking out farther than the cabinets because of the granite running behind it.


We were worried the washer and dryer wouldn't fit through the kitchen and into the laundry room but thankfully, they did! They're up and running and ready to tackle dirty clothes!

Also, Happy 10 month Birthday to my niece, Katherine!! A huge thank you goes out to my Aunt TT (she's the bomb) for making my new header for the blog. I am a blog retard and had to call her for help. I thought I'd represent my Chi-O roots and put some owls up. For those of you that know me, you know I LOVE owls!! Hooty-hoo!!

1 comment:

  1. I was just about to email you and tell you that you MUST fix my blog header...now I'll just have to email TT! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs