Sunday, July 5, 2009

I'm the new VIP customer at Home Depot

It has been another busy week in the renovation process. The painters have finished all of the painting on the inside and I am very pleased with the colors! It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do for a house. Here are a few pics of the newly painted inside.



My newly painted kitchen with no cabinet doors, appliances, or countertops...kind of looks funny!

After getting four more quotes on my granite, I finalized that and my countertop man came out EARLY (6 a.m.) Friday morning and removed my existing countertops and laid the templates for my new ones. The new ones should be installed by this Thursday! There was a little controversy over a drop-in sink vs. an undermount one. He had initially told me he thought a drop-in sink would be easier, but he told me Thursday that I could go ahead and buy an undermount...I was thrilled!

Dad had the day off of work on Friday, so he and Mom headed down to B'ham to help me shop for home stuff. It was nice to have Mom and Dad to myself and I think it was the most productive day we have ever had. We spent almost two hours in Home Depot and we somehow managed to escape without getting in an argument and no one's feelings getting hurt, which is a miracle in my family!! Here is a list of what all we purchased: front-loading washer and dryer, refrigerator, range, microwave, dishwasher, stainless steel sink, garbage disposal, faucet for the kitchen sink, two ceiling fans, a granite vanity top for my powder-bath, a vanity top for the guest bath, new faucets for the master and guest bath, and two medicine cabinets. Also while being in H.D., I made an appointment for them to come out and measure my windows for some wood blinds. We filled up one buggy and one flat-bed cart. It took all three of us to make it to the register!! Every time I purchased something, they were like, you look familiar-apparently I am spending too much time there!! Here are some pics from our shopping extraveganza.



I'm so excited about my new washer and dryer!

Anyone smell cookies baking??!!



OOC!!

You know you've spent a lot in H.D. when the staff voluntarily comes out and helps you loud up your car! After filling up my dad's Expedition, we headed back to the house and unloaded everything. I am tyring to buy as much ahead of time so the contractors can start installing everything before I have to move in. The only thing I did not get to purchase was the vanity for my master bath. Apparently, it will have to be custom ordered...just another item to add on my list of questions for my contractor on Monday morning. We had planned on going to Mayer Lighting and buying all the new lights, but they were closed for the 4th. After unloading, we headed to Macy's to look at beds. I think my family takes the cake for the fastest shoppers ever. I picked out my new mattress in under 3 minutes. Our sales lady loved us!!


I got a Sealy mattress that is "Plush". I can already see deep-sleeping nights in my near future! After the purchase of the bed, we were finished. The only problem I'm having right now is with my flooring man..he's very sketchy and unreliable. I'm going to call him tomorrow and drop a bow on him because the appliances are being delivered on the 16th and my floors HAVE to be installed before they get there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs