Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It's Official...

I'm an adult now...I made my first mortgage payment this week. I'm not sure the reality of it all has set in yet...probably won't until I'm actually moved in and living there. I met with my flooring man Monday and picked out my new carpet and he promises me the hardwood floors will be installed by the time my appliances arrive next Thursday..I'm praying he sticks to his promise! Someone from H.D. came out and measured my windows for my new wooden blinds and they called today with the reasonable estimate, so I placed my order. They will hopefully be here and installed within two weeks! My sister and niece accompanied me to Mayer Lighting on Tuesday. As you all know, I am renovating my house on a budget and I'm really trying to stick to it. While at the lighting store, we were looking at some pendant lighting for my kitchen and of course my sister picks out the most expensive ones they had...I had to drop a bow on her! haha I was able to buy all my lighting that I needed and all of it was in stock except for my pendant lighting, which will hopefully be here within a week!! Here are some pics from our excursion.


Powder Bath fixture

Guest Bath fixture
My contractor Mike called me this morning to check on things. He told me my countertops were being installed tomorrow! This afternoon while driving down the road, Sean, my countertop man called me. This man is hilarious...he is a very large man and has a thick country accent. This is how the conversation went: "Virginia, I have some bad news. I don't think we can have your countertops in for another three weeks." I said, "What??!!!" Then Sean said, "I'm just messin' with ya Virginia, they'll be installed tomorrow." He was dying laughing and I had almost driven off the road with the news...I'm glad he has such a sense of humor!!


1 comment:

  1. You know I am naturally going to pick out the most expensive option I'm given, what can I say?! K wants you to know that Mayer can bill me for the ottoman she spit up all over, ha!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs