Friday, July 30, 2010

Family Beach Trip

First of all, I apologize for my blogging hiatus. I've been very busy all of a sudden and have fallen WAY behind on my posts. Last week, I spent two wonderful days at the lake, (sorry, completely forgot to take any pics) followed by a few days at the beach with my family. I was supposed to stay at the beach for the whole week, but I had to come back to B'ham on Tuesday for a few days of orientation for the new job. Actually, my family is still down there right now...can you all sense my jealousy?!

My Mom, Dad, Sister, DB, Uncle Dan, Aunt Vicki, cousin Bret and his GF Jessica stayed in a beautiful house in Destin. I completely forgot to take any pictures of the house, but it was "pimp"! The weather was beautiful and the beaches weren't oily...just very seaweed-y. I ate LOTS of seafood and tried to soak up as much sun as I could in two days.

First night in Destin....dinner at Pompano Joe's! DB was sooo excited to be at the beach!

Katherine's new favorite food=crab claws! She eats them all by herself!!

Our beautiful beaches

Sister and I tried to fix my hair "curly"...it didn't quite work out very well! Dad and I at lunch at Acme. The red beans and rice were AMAZING!

Mother Daughter mutual admiration society! Katherine loves to give kisses now!!

While in Baytowne, DB heard some fun music and decided to "get down low"!!!
I think she takes after her Gigi's mad dance skills!!! haha

Of course, I had to join her dance party!!

DB loved feeding raisins to everyone

Every night ended with a game of Mexican train!!

The EPA was out in full force looking for oil

I loved these beach chairs and umbrellas

DB was a big fan of the beach!!

Sister and DB

Rocking chairs in Seaside

Us being funny in Seaside...no, Katherine's not standing! GrandBobby is holding her up!

I had a wonderful time at the beach and wish I was still there. Thanks Mom and Dad for an amazing trip. I can't believe the summer is officially over and I'm already back at work. I guess time flies when you're having fun!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Wish you were still here.....it is a gorgeous day! It will be difficult getting back to the real world.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had been there just one day with y'all! Maybe one summer we can all go together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics sis!! We missed you the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs