Monday, July 5, 2010

The 4th

Summer is officially half-way over...boo!! I cannot believe the 4th of July weekend is over. I spent the weekend at home with my parents....and we had a wonderful time! We hung out, ate LOTS of food, shopped at some cool places, and even shot some fireworks. It was a fantastic weekend on Sand Mtn.

These lovely tomatoes were picked from our garden...way to go Gardener Bob! Mom and I had some awesome tomato sandwiches over the weekend.


My mom and I have a big LOVE of watermelon...nothing says summertime and the 4th better than this tasty fruit!

Despite the tornado, our hydrangeas are hanging on!

Saturday morning, we woke up bright and early and headed up to Arab, AL to Buddy's Antique Auction. They were having an estate sale with tons of antiques. I used to go to this place with my parents back in the day and I hated it...that was back before I knew better! haha I now have a love for antiques that I share with my parents...if only I could afford to buy them for my house. I loved listening to the "auctioneer" doing all the bidding. How does he talk that fast? My dad got on to me for touching my hair because he thought they would think I was trying to bid!!!! I found several things I would like to own...a mirror, some oriental rugs, a secretary, and a table. I unfortunately did not make any purchases, but my mom got the one thing she had her eye on. It was lots of fun and a great way to spend the day.

Buddy's Antique Auction

I had my eye on this mirror...too bad we didn't stay long enough to bid on it!

My mom got an antique knife box...it's so pretty!


Yesterday, we spent the day with our wonderful family friends, the Ross' at their lakehouse on Lake Guntersville. The Ross' are my parents oldest friends and I think they were there when Sister and I were born! They have a beautiful home on the lake and we had a great time catching up with their family. The food, drinks, and conversation couldn't have been any better. It was a fantastic way to spend the 4th!

Dad was all decked out in his southern 4th of July finest! Red seer-sucker pants and a navy shirt. And of course his outfit wouldn't be complete without a glass of red wine!!

The Ross' put on a wonderful spread of food for everyone!

These boys ran over from the neighbor's house...their swim trunks were ADORABLE!! What says "Happy 4th ofJuly" better than this??!!

On our way home from the lake, Dad and I stopped here and bought some fireworks...we only go to the classiest places in A'ville! haha

I hope everyone had a safe and Happy 4th of July!! It is now officially my friend Allison's wedding week....yay!!!! I have a busy week and weekend planned and couldn't be more excited about all the festivities to come!!!!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Had I not been at the beach, this would have been pick #2 for me. I love me some A'ville!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs