Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

My parents came in town on Thursday because my Dad had some business meetings at Ross Bridge this weekend. It was great to have them in town...especially since it's Father's Day weekend! The Crowe family came home from the beach this weekend, so we all loaded up and went out to meet my parents for a day by the pool. For those of you who have never been out to Ross Bridge, it is beautiful! I was super-impressed by all their amenities...I honestly felt like I wasn't in Birmingham!

We spent a few hours on Saturday out at this fantastic pool!


DB had a blast running through the fountains!

She LOVED the water!!!

Our little pool-baby!



DB was all about the chips at lunch


Today, we celebrated Father's Day by having lunch altogether at Sister's house. She and I whipped up Giada's Chicken Tetrazzini (It took forever to make, but it was great!) and a great salad for lunch. It was great to have everyone in town and to be able to celebrate my dad...he is the bomb.com! haha Honestly though, I think I have the best Dad. How he has put up with three (high-maintenance) women for the majority of his life is beyond me!!

I had to take a pic of this...Katherine gave this book to Blake for part of his Father's Day present. So appropriate since we call her "DoodleBug"!! (DB for short!)

This made my dad's day...he LOVES his "Baby Doll"!!


Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!!!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! Funny story about the doodle bug...I have always called Billy "doodle bug" and one year for father's day, my kids found a book called "My Dad is a Doodlebug" so of course we bought it. I couldn't believe when I saw your story and book on here! Too funny!!! I hope you are having a fabulous summer!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs