Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back to the Real World

I apologize for not posting as much as I used to. I do not have the same amount of free time now that I did in the summer. Below is a picture of my life now...



School right now is chaotic to say the least...The school year has definitely started off with a bang. I had really been missing my kids, but I had NOT been missing all the paperwork, planning, and meetings. My saving grace throughout the school day is knowing that I get to come home to my new house!!

I am quickly finding out that along with being a homeowner comes dealing with unexpected events. Two Sundays ago I walked out on my front porch to take my garbage out, and looked down at the ground and saw a HUGE snake!! Did I mention that I have a massive fear of snakes? I started screaming, threw the garbage bag up in the air, ran inside, got into the fetal position and immediately called my Dad in tears. He thought it was all hilarious! I was not laughing at all. This was not a black garden snake...I'm talking about a fat/wide dark snake with white spots on it. My dad told me to kill it! I of course don't have a weapon! No shovel, no hoe, no gun...so I was helpless. It took me twenty minutes to take my garbage down to the curb because I had to keep my Dad on the phone with me while I moved all the bags. The snake had apparently slithered away somewhere...I have not seen him again. (Knock on Wood!!) My grandmother told me to put out moth balls, so I did. My front porch/flower bed now smell like a closet! haha Needless to say, I will be buying a weapon very soon!!

Since being back at work, I have been having major withdrawals from my family. They get to play and hang out during the day while I'm at work...can you tell how jealous I am? I went over this afternoon to see my niece. She is turning 1 this month and is ALMOST walking by herself..she is so close, she just can't seem to put it all together. I woke her up from her nap and this is the new trick she showed me. (I bought these owl pajamas for her!!)

"Look at me Gigi! No hands!!"
Also this week, Katherine started going to Mother's Day Out for two mornings a week. For some reason, I have been very emotional about this...might be the teacher in me coming out. I was disappointed I couldn't go with AK to drop her off on the first day...but don't worry, I've already planned to take off of work for her Halloween parade at school! I'm such a proud aunt. For her first day of school, she was decked out in her finest. Gotta love a girl in a pink and green smocked outfit with a hot pink owl back-pack in tow!!


"I"m so excited about going to school!"

The only thing left to talk about is the arrival of football season!! I am soooo excited for some fall weather and some Auburn football! I already hear the faint sound of a "Boddegedda" cheer!! I am sadly not going to the game this weekend, but I will be there in spirit. WAR EAGLE!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We had a snake too! Felix was still in the fetal position when I got home from work that day! What's wrong with you two? HA! LOVE the pic of K standing up! She's just trying to practice her first Auburn cheer. Just wait until her Aunt Sixty teaches her the Eye of the Tiger dance!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs