Saturday, September 20, 2014

Mimi's 90th Birthday!

Two weeks ago, we surprised my Mimi with a 90th Birthday par-tay!  She had no idea we were all coming from out of town, and miraculously, we were able to pull off the surprise!  Mom and Aunt Vicki outdid themselves with the pink theme and Mimi loved all of it.

Growing up, I spent lots of time with my Mimi and Papa.  When they had poker night at their house with their group of friends, I would beg to go stay with them.  I have the greatest memories of picking up pecans in their front yard, riding bikes up and down their super-long driveway, and going for rides in the pick-up truck in their pasture. (just to name a few!)

After my Papa passed away, Mimi moved into "town" and in our neighborhood.  She would pick me up from school in her Grand Marquis and was my babysitter when the parentals were out of town.  Every Sunday after church, you could find us over on Hudgins Dr feasting on one of Mimi's "Sunday lunches".   The first time I ever got pulled over for speeding, she was riding shotgun with me...and boy did she get a chuckle out of the whole thing!  We share a love of clothes.  She gave me my first "nice handbag" at age 7...a Dooney & Bourke.  I was smitten!

Her mind is as sharp as ever.  What a blessing it is to still have her in our lives.  While visiting her in Chattanooga, she said to me, "Virginia, sit down and tell me what everyone is wearing this fall!"  To say she knows me well is an understatement.  I love you Mimi, and am so blessed to have you in my life!


Her sash was the finishing touch on her pink outfit!


K and Lib were in on the pink theme too!


She turned the corner into the room and was speechless!  Surprise!


Mom had these super-cute napkins made for the celebration!



And of course Nicole from the A'ville Home Bakery outdid herself with a massive sheet cake!



Mimi and her two children; Aunt Vicki and my dad


Mimi and her three great grandchildren...and there's a 4th on the way!  Congrats to Bret and Sasha on their upcoming arrival!


Mimi and her girls!


Love my Mimi!


All the grand kids!


Kids and grandkids!


Here's our entire Decker family...we may be small, but we are mighty!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs