Monday, March 26, 2012

The Four S's: Part Two

Monday was yet another fun-filled day in the valley.  We were literally nonstop until the sun went down!


This was our "ride" for the week..so glad we had sunroofs because they allowed me to take some great pictures from a higher level! haha


First stop on Monday was Signorello...the views were amazing!  And the infinity pool wasn't too shabby, either! 




Momma D thought 9:00 AM was a little early for a tasting, but Dad and I were glad to partake!


Daddy D doing what he does best!


Now if only I could figure out how to PhotoShop Sister and Blake into this pic, it would be perfect!  :)


Second stop...Darioush!  As soon as we were behind the gates, I knew this was going to be a tasting fit for a king!


The inside of Darioush is beautiful...it has the Persian/modern feel to it and you can tell no detail was overlooked!


We had our tasting right in front of the main fireplace...just the Deckers and the "kings"! haha




Rosco, our main man at Darioush, took us downstairs to see the barrel room and...


Darioush' private cellar!  I was in awe of this amazing room.  For a pretty penny, you can rent this room out for your own tasting...when I win the lotto, this will be on my list!


Nothing says vacay like sitting on the hearth at an opulent winery sippin' on some tasty vino!


The columns were breathtaking.


After a big tasting at Darioush, we headed to lunch at Don Giovani's...by far my favorite meal of the trip!



This restaurant was just fabulous.  From the moment we walked in the door, I was in love...the smells, the decor, the people.  I could have eaten here for every single meal!


We ran into Opus One for a quick, but yummy tasting.




I felt the need to photograph the winery that put Napa on the map...Mondavi!



I loved all the poppies at Mondavi...gorgeous!


Part 3 is on it's way!!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time! The pictures are beautiful. What a great way to spend time with your parents. Can't wait to see you this summer! Syd

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs