Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What a Surprise!!!

This past weekend, I helped pull off the biggest surprise ever. For those of you who don't know my sister, she is very type-A and very OCD...a bit of a control freak...all of these things make her a very hard person to surprise. With the help of my sister's amazing friends (61, Stacey from Miami, Mandy, and Claire) and my parents and Blake, we managed to surprise my sister for her 30th Birthday. We had been plotting and scheming for weeks!

This was the plan...Tara (driving from ATL) and Stacey (flying to ATL from MIAMI and then driving to the Ham) planned on surprising AK around 11:00 at her house on Saturday. Claire (driving from Nashville) and Mandy (B'ham resident) planned on surprising her later in the afternoon. I told AK I needed her up and dressed Saturday morning to go Christmas shopping with me...She called me early Saturday morning...she was sick and did NOT want to go shopping with me...if I remember correctly, she even started crying at one point! I didn't let this slow me down...I laid a guilt trip on her and convinced her to meet me at the Summit. She shows up at P.F. Chang's to meet my parents and me for lunch. AK did not want to eat there and was not happy with us. I was loving this because I knew she was about to eat her words and feel awful for being so mean to me when she found out what we had been up to!!!

I got so excited from the surprise I actually started shaking, so the pictures aren't the best. Here is the surprise at lunch as it unfolded.

"Are Tara and Stacey really here?" Yes!!!!!!!!!!
Immediate hugs all around!!!

Everyone is soooo excited to have pulled off the surprise!

Soooo excited to see each other!

After a lunch full of LOTS of surprises, (one of which I will post about at a later time!!) lots of tears and laughter, the girls spent the afternoon shopping and hanging out. Then Claire and Mandy surprised her and they all had a big birthday dinner at Bottega. I've decided a surprise of this magnitude only comes around for the BIG birthdays!! The girls had a blast and I was honored to be included in the scheming and plotting!!
On a different note, I have been working on my Christmas gifts for my coworkers. This year, I decided to make homemade presents. This is probably the closest I will ever come to pulling off a "Martha Stewarty" gift. They always say the best gifts come from the heart! haha Here is a pic of my holiday hot cocoa mix!
Homemade Hot Cocoa mix
I know you're all asking yourselves the million dollar question...Did Virginia find her camera? Nope...still no camera. I have high-jacked my parents for the moment until Santa hopefully brings me a new one!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry I was such a witch!! Thanks again for all of your planning to help make this the best birthday ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!!! So glad you were able to capture the moment on film. You'll have to email me these pics too! I also love how 61, your sister, and myself all dressed alike, but yet came from 3 different cities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an awesome sister!!! :) You need to adopt me as your sister! And thank you for the cocoa! That was so sweet of you! And you put Martha to shame girl - don't you know that yet? :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs