Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm a Home Owner!!

It's official, I am now the proud owner of my very first place!!! Although, that almost didn't happen yesterday. As I mentioned before, drama follows me everywhere..I got a call yesterday from my mortgage man telling me that the Wells Fargo computers are down and he may not be able to send the paperwork to the closing attorney!! Of course I began freaking out..I had already taken a half-day at work and my dad was already on his way to B'ham. So my dad and I met for lunch at Brio and did some window shopping at Gus Mayer to kill time. Then we got the call to head to the attorney's office!! I have signed my life away, but am super-excited about it!! I'm not sure the reality of it all has set in yet.



Signing my life away!!


After the closing, I was able to go and pick up the keys to my house!!!! I have to admit I was disappointed there was not a sold sign in the yard to take my picture with..I mean, you only buy your first house once! I had to settle for a picture beside my lamp post...haha..




I knew going into this whole process that the house was going to need a lot of work....The previous owner had dogs that had lived with her in the house. When I unlocked the door and walked in, an overwhelming stench took over...apparently the dogs had been using the bathroom in the house!! I mean, OMG! There are no words to describe the condition of the carpet and other flooring. I think I got a little over-whelmed by the severity of it, but my wise, always positive dad just kept telling me, "Virginia, just think what new flooring and some paint will do." To add to the awfulness of it's current state, there is floral wall-paper in almost every room!! Virginia and wall-paper do not mix well! Here are a few pictures of the current state of my new house. The first picture is of the carpet...you can't really tell by the picture, but it's blue!!!!







So as you can see, I have my work cut out for me. There is LOTS to be done, and I can't wait to get started!!!

3 comments:

  1. YAY!! Congrats to the new home owner! I can't wait to watch all of your renovations take place through your blog! Just remember, stay OUT of Gus Meyer! HA!
    Love,
    61

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you sister and can't wait to have you in our neck of the woods :) Katherine is already wanting to know the date of her first sleepover! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats VLD! I cannot wait to see the new place tomorrow and then to watch all the renovations! And I see you wore your super cute cheery spring outfit I loved for closing - so fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs