Monday, May 25, 2009

Down with the Old


The wall-paper is coming down!! I have almost completely finished the powder bath downstairs, but I still have the kitchen and two upstairs bathrooms to take down. I will never understand why anyone ever thought floral wall-paper was stylish..personally, I think it's heinous! haha If anyone is bored and would like to help me take down some of the nasty flowers, feel free to stop by! My parents made a trip down this weekend to help me clean a little, strip some wall-paper and make another trip to Home Depot.

Making my appt. at H.D...please notice the massive tape measure on my dad's belt! He means business!

Who knew that anyone worked on Memorial Day? Well, the contractors at H.D. sure do! The cabinet/counter-top/sink man came out this morning to measure and give me an estimate...and quite a large estimate it was! I'm afraid I may have to sell one of my kidneys to get the kitchen I want!! I am learning that everything I want is VERY expensive!!
Also, the flooring man is coming out tomorrow morning to measure for all my new flooring. Flooring and paint are a must, while the kitchen would be an added bonus to fix-up. I am hoping the budget will allow for all of it! Obviously I am not a numbers person-that's why I chose a profession that had nothing to do with math! So every part of the reno. has to be cleared through my "boss"...my dad! Finances is his profession, so I'm glad I have him to help me out.

Thankfully, I am done with work for the summer, wahoo!! My Memorial Day weekend has pretty much consisted of measuring, cleaning, and stripping wall-paper. Although, I was able to spend some time with my niece, Katherine. I know this blog is about my house, but I have to mention my "Doodle-Bug". Below is a picture of her yesterday at Jim 'n Nick's..Doesn't she just melt your heart??!!!



I also have to add that I ordered the fabric for my new bedding this week as well! I picked out a brown linen for my tufted headboard and a dupioni silk buffalo check for my bed-skirt. This week I plan to order my new couch, decide on the kitchen reno. and order my flooring!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I know that doodle bug too! Isn't she a cutie?!?!?! Gotta throw in a cute pic of her every now and then to keep us honest. Reno is looking good so far! And...the only think I've EVER seen on your dad's belt is a wine bottler opener. He must have left it in the car.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs