Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Looking Ahead

Happy New Year, faithful blog readers out there!  It's 2013...does that sound weird to anyone else but me?  I spent this afternoon at Sister and Blake's house celebrating the New Year with the Crowes.  They always fix a delicious meal of greens and peas and I eat as much of it as I can in hopes that it will keep me healthy, wealthy and wise in the upcoming year!



Blake did a great job with the greens...the seasoning was perfect!


By far these black-eyed peas were the best EVER!  The conecuh sausage definitely kicked it up a notch!


Sister's new tenderloin recipe was also a hit!


I won't tell y'all how many times I went back for seconds...



Earlier this morning, I was reflecting back on 2K12 and thinking about what 2K13 might hold.  I make resolutions every year and never keep them...like, not even close.  I saw a cool idea on Instagram that made me really start to think.  I have to admit that I am Nancy Negative all the time and tend to focus on the negative instead of the positive things in life.  The awfully insightful person on Instagram suggested that you take an empty jar in your house and fill it up with positive things that happen in the upcoming year...then, on NYE the next year you take all of them out and read them.  So, I have officially started my jar! 




Classy jar, huh?!  I look forward to filling my jar with lots of positive things throughout this upcoming year!  Happy New Year, y'all!  I hope each one of you has an AMAZING year ahead filled with love, laughter and fun! 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs