Sunday, February 12, 2012

28

Gone are the days of celebrating your birthday for an entire week with all of your best friends.  But...I'd have to say that the celebratin' I did this weekend was just as fun!  Friday night, my amazing friends organized a celebration at Avo/Dram here in B'ham...I was surrounded by almost all of my best friends...I even had 3 of my high school friends there...it was WONDERFUL!

Today, I met my parents and the Crowes for a birthday lunch...at Cracker Barrel!   Yes, I guess my choice of lunch spots is a sign of my older age!  haha  My always thoughtful Mom made our table feel almost as homey as our kitchen table in A'ville.  She brought flowers, festive napkins and presents! 






I was totally SURPRISED when I opened my present from my parents...a new lens for the Rebel!  They gave me the one I rented back in the summer...the 100 mm Macro!  I'm absolutely in LOVE with it already!!


Our waitress brought me a sweet treat for my special day...their cake will literally melt in your mouth!


After lunch, I went back to the Crowe's hacienda to snap some pics of my "love-bugs" in their matching Valentine's outfits!






I sure do love my girls!



Thank you to everyone who made my 28th birthday so special!  I have a feeling that 28 is going to be my best year yet.  I've got a chicken taco chili in the crock pot and am waiting on Caroline to come over so we can watch the Grammys together...a great end to the day!

And as if this weekend wasn't enough, the celebration continues tomorrow at work in "The Nest"!  Yay!!!!!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I am glad we got to celebrate with you....regardless of the restaurant! Much love and many more, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Send me that chicken soup recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like 28 has treated you well so far! Leave it to Diana to bring fresh flowers to Cracker Barrel. Love it!! Oh, and ditto on Claire's comment...I want that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Belated Birthday, Virginia! Can't wait to see you soon. Cracker Barrel is my fave too! Love, Syd

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you had a great birthday! I love Cracker Barrel! Alright... photo shoot for Little Miss Caitlyn coming up!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs