Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

First of all, I apologize for my blogging hiatus...I've been busy with school starting back and I haven't really done anything that I considered very 'blog worthy'. 

Well, football season has finally arrived!  I spent Saturday at the Loveliest Village on the Plains...Auburn!  Casey and I pulled out of my house at 6:30 am and headed south.  We were tailgating with a mimosa in hand by 8:30.  Almost our whole group was there...Me, Casey, Britt, Bailey and Allison.  And almost all of us sat together at the game...a.k.a. 'The seventh layer of hell'.  I swear I've never been as hot as I was during the game...we got up towards the end of the 3rd quarter and went up to the Chambers' box.  The air conditioning was kickin' in there and it felt like heaven.  It was great to see the Chambers as well as the Skippers!

The Tigers pulled out a W by the skin of their teeth...it wasn't a pretty win, but a win none the less and I'll take it!  After the game we spent a few more hours tailgating.   I was determined to get into the new Chi O dorm so I could check out the new chapter room...I know most ppl out there have seen it first hand, but I had not yet. 

While in the bathroom of the SNu house, we met a young, cute little Chi O...after screaming with excitement she offered to give us her Tiger Card so we could go check it out.  We were shocked at how trusting she was!  So off we went...Casey, Britt and I had a ball taking the grand tour.  I have to admit I got a little emotional when we walked in.  It is absolutely beautiful...sooo different from good ole Hollifield where we spent our days.


Britt, Casey, Bailey and me at the tailgate!



The girls and Aubie


Strike up the band!


A-U-B-U-R-N!!!


"ALL IN"!!!!!!!


The Chambers family


The Cyganiewicz'


I sure do miss my old roomie!


We LOVED the new dorm and chapter room...we had a great time being the dorky old alumnis!





Well, it's time to hang up your white pants and get out all your football clothes!  Happy Labor Day, everyone!!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun!! Still cracking up at Britt with the gavel. We have to remember sunscreen next time!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs