Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Recipe Club

At the end of the summer, Sister and I were asked to join a Recipe Club. I was hesitant to accept because the thought of cooking for a group of people every month completely intimidated me. But, I was assured it was lots of fun and a great learning experience. Well, they were right!! I am loving Recipe Club! I have learned so much about different ingredients and just cooking in general. And, I have met some amazing girls in the process! Sister and I get together on the Sunday before we meet and we cook our recipes together...we call it our "bonding time"! haha

Our Recipe Club meets every month at someone's house and we bring our recipe of choice. Each month's hostess chooses a theme, selects the recipes to choose from, and we sign up on our blog. November's Recipe Club was hosted by Sister. She chose a "Thanksgiving Feast" theme and all the recipes came from The Food Network. Everything was delish!! We had a turkey, stuffing...the whole shebang! I wish these pictures had some "smellavision" for y'all....I think we all cleared our plates! Below are pics of the decor and all the recipes!

Sister's Tablescape was so festive!


Most of our recipes came from this magazine!

Display on the mantle


Mary made a great holiday cocktail!


I made Paula Deen's Smoky Cheese Bacon Loaves...this is a "before oven" shot of them.


"After oven" shot....they were great! I highly recommend them...they were fairly easy to make and super yummy. They would be great to give as presents for the holidays!


Sister was the VIP last night...she cooked her very first turkey! This is a "before oven" shot.


"After oven" shot! It tasted just as great as it looked. Congrats, Sis on an amazing job! Alton Brown definitely knows his turkeys!!

Meghan's Haricots Verts

Ashley's Cranberry Apple Stuffing


Caron's Cornbread

Lauren's Chocolate Monkey Bread

Melanie's Pumpkin Cheesecake...it was to die for!


As mentioned above, all of these recipes can be found on our blog. It is updated monthly with our choices. I have decided to dedicate a post on my blog every month to our recipes...kind of like a food critic. I will report in on which ones we liked, didn't like, which ones were hard/easy, etc. As for this month, all the recipes were amazing...especially the stuffing and pumpkin cheesecake! Happy November everyone!!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Hey Little Ginny Decker! Glad to see you are doing well. I didn't realize you had a new job. (I had to catch up on the last few months of your posts) Congrats! Know of any other school slp jobs : )? Miss ya...email me sometime, my email is elizbarnette@gmail.com
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs