Monday, November 30, 2009

Update

I have been asked by several people to update my blog. Confession #1: I have lost my camera...I am not sure if I, being the clumsy, out-of-it person lost it or if it was taken from me at work. Considering the kids I work with....I'm thinking it might be the latter of the two! ahha
My sister always tells me, "Virginia, don't post on your blog without pictures." Sorry to disappoint sis, but this post won't have any pics. I am praying Santa will bring me a new camera for Christmas!

Thanksgiving was great. I spent some much needed time at home with my parents and enjoyed some of my favorites...sweet potato pie, fruit salad, and Mill St. Deli chicken salad. Confession #2: I bought a Snuggie...and it's pink! It's amazing and I recommend it to everyone. Instead of doing the traditional Thanksgiving meal at home, we loaded up the car and headed down to the Loveliest Village on the Plains!! Confession #3: We ate Thanksgiving lunch at McDonald's in Childersburg!! No turkey, no dressing...just cheeseburgers and fries!! I would only forfeit that meal for my Tigers! AK was already in AU with her in-laws, so we hitched up with her and 61 (my sister from another mother) and her family.

Confession #4: This was my first trip to the Plains this football season! I'm embarrassed to even admit that. I am constantly amazed by the ever-changing campus at Auburn. My parents were sweet enough to let me take a trip down memory lane and took me on a few drive-bys....my old Ross St. House, Hollifield Hall, and Amsterdams (so sad they were closed). I forget sometimes how much I love Auburn...how when you turn off 280 onto College St. your heart starts to beat a little bit faster. Yes, I know I'm cheesy!! I spent 3 of the greatest years in AU and if I could snap my fingers and do it all over again, I'd be there in a heartbeat! Despite the loss, a wonderful time was had by all.

Friday night after the game, I convinced my family to drive back to B'ham instead of staying in AU at the hotel. On the drive back, the four of us discussed what we were thankful for and all the wonderful family memories we have had. I, like many others, take for granted all the wonderful things in life. We talked for a solid two hours about our favorite vacations, favorite Christmas', and other funny memories. If I didn't have my family I honestly don't know what I'd do. They are the most supportive, caring, and understanding people a girl could ask for.

The rest of the weekend was spent decorating my house for Christmas. The tree is up, (thank you Dad!) an amazing wreath has been swoozied up by my Mom and sister, and there is a beautiful shabby-chic Nativity scene on my buffet. Life is good!

I am hosting a little Christmas get-together at my house next week and I'm going to beg my parents for use of their camera!! haha Please Mom and Dad!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you came to Auburn, thanks for going to the game with me (and keeping me in check)! ha! Your house looks great, will you come do mine??? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see pictures of your Christmas decorations! And I get that same feeling every time I pull into Auburn, too.....I LOVE that place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make my day when you update your blog :-) And I completely agree about the Decker family. They are ALL AUsome, including you! I have lots of fun Decker memories also :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs