Sunday, October 25, 2009

What a Weekend

What a weekend I have had! The fun began on Thursday...it was Orange Day at K's M.D.O. I did not realize until the day before that the day had arrived. I was crushed because I had not planned to take off of work. So Thursday morning, I went into work at my usual 6:00 am time. I did some work, ate my breakfast and then realized I had to leave. I got my stuff together and ran out of school! I knew I could not miss K's Orange Day parade...to me, it was a major milestone! I arrived at the Crowe house in just enough time to get her into her costume...she was a chick!! She was adorable and such a trooper even though she had on a puffy chick outfit! She didn't even shed any tears...and let me say, most of the little ones in the parade were melting down left and right!!!

Sister and me at the parade
She got preferential seating on the front row of the Bye-Bye Buggy!!


Friday afternoon after work, I headed home to Albertville to spend the weekend with my parents and K. Sister and Blake went to Chicago with his parents, so we got to babysit!! Friday night the Ferneau's (Connor, Aunt Jen, Uncle D) came over for a wonderful Birthday celebration. Saturday was the best day....and did I mention it was game day? At the Decker house, that means everyone is decked out, head-to-toe, in orange and blue. Who cares if we've lost three in a row? Our devotion to the Tigers never waivers! WDE!!!!!!

Katherine loves the Tigers!!

We spent Saturday hanging out at the house, shopping at the outlets, (gotta love a trip there!), and cooking. I made some awesome WW friendly desserts and Mom made her always amazing taco soup. The Sprouses stopped by to see K and we had a great time visiting with them. The whole weekend, K's favorite thing to do was to open the pantry and pull out ALL the Fiber One bars!! haha I constantly caught her like this....

"Gigi, you caught me!!"
K kept me laughing all weekend. She walks/runs everywhere, but is always falling down, and jumping right back up. Oh if I could have her energy! We learned that she LOVES pumpkin spice cake and cheese crackers!! Her new favorite word to say is, "WOW"! We had a great time playing with her and spoiling her rotten!

All decked out for church!
Fall is my favorite time of year and I LOVE to go home during the fall. My mom always has the house decked out in the fall theme...pumpkins, leaves, and mums!!!! I strive to be able to be like my mom...she always has the perfect touch with everything. I can't even arrange three pumpkins on my porch the right way!! haha
About a year ago, my parents bought an armoire at an antique store in ATL. Since that time, the beautiful piece of furniture has been sitting in our garage...much to my dad's dismay! When I bought my house, I thought, "That would look beautiful in my bedroom....but it would have to be repainted". My mom found a man in A'ville that could paint it white and give it the beautiful distressed/shabby chic look that I was going for. Below is a picture. It is still sitting in the garage...if anyone has any ideas/suggestions on how to get it to B'ham, let me know. I'm DYING to get this in my bedroom!!

2 comments:

  1. What a precious little chick! I love it!! And I LOVE me some Albertville too! A weekend in Albertville is like a mini-vacation to me! That Dee Dee always has just he perfect touch, doesn't she!?!? I should have went their instead of Baton Rouge this weekend :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that chick! That Chick! How precious! You are the best auntie ever, Virginia!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs