Sunday, April 19, 2015

SBK2K15

The tall dr and I headed south for SBK, to the Dominican Republic!  We had an amazing time.  Most of our days were spent eating, drinking, reading and resting.  Our resort was beautiful and the staff were also great.  It was absolutely the perfect vacay!


I was so excited for some bright colors and new swimsuits!


We left B'ham at 5:00....it was early, but we were still all smiles!


Southwest flew us right into Punta Cana!


Upon our arrival, a cold beverage was awaiting us...El Presidente Light!


I tried to really embrace our tropical locale...thanks, Mom for my new fringe cover up!



OBSESSED with my turkish towel Sister got me for our trip...it's great for a cover up or towel!


The tall dr loved getting his read on...and no, that Cosmo wasn't his!  ;)


My daily view in Paradise!


We spent everyday at the "quiet pool" and got our zen on!


Loved seeing the tall dr be able to relax and rest!


We were in the building beside the bright yellow building!


The tall dr likes to take crazy pictures of me...this is to document my new swimsuit from the Easter bunny!


We LOVED this bar and the bartender, Julius!  We became fast friends and enjoyed talking with him and playing name that tune to '90s music!


This drink was the best of the trip...AMAZING pina colada!



We finally asked some strangers to take a pic of us one night after dinner! 


Selfie!


This was my view looking up from my chair one day...absolute heaven on earth!


Our room was massive!  Too bad we didn't need to cook anything in our state of the art kitchen!


The view to the quiet pool from our balcony!


Our resort looked like an old spanish town...so pretty!


He won't ever smile for the camera!


The tall dr made me a money swan on our plane ride home!



We got back from the DR on a Friday night, and then left for the beach on Saturday to celebrate the tall dr.'s birthday!  We stayed at my parent's house in Sandestin and our good friends Monica and Randy joined us as well.  Monica's birthday was also that week, so we had a blast celebrating them!


Before we left town, I grabbed a cake from Edgars for the Birthday boy and girl!


Our Easter Sunday was spent on the beautiful beach!


I got this YETI koozie for the tall dr as part of his birthday present, but I ended up using it more than him...it's AWESOME!!


To celebrate Monica's birthday, we had an amazing dinner at Paradis in Rosemary!


I think this one might be a framer!


We borrowed the Lucas' selfie stick for this pic...obsessed with it!


We stayed with our tropical drink theme and enjoyed some of Sandestin's finest beverages while on the beach!


We spent HOURS playing Spades with the Lucas'!  Had so much fun, but in the future, Monica and I need to not under-bid so much!  ;)


Right before he turned the big 4-0, we devoured a yummy meal at the Waffler!  Please disregard my purple teeth...there may or may not have been some vino consumed prior to this being taken!


Me: "Smile, it's almost your birthday!" And this is his reaction...such a party pooper!



The afternoon of his birthday, we hung out at Rum Runners and enjoyed doing a whole lot of nothing!


We went to Bistro Bijoux to celebrate his big birthday!  We enjoyed an amazing meal along with some pretty tasty drinks!


After dinner, we sat at their super cool bar for some more drinks and of course, selfies!


My favorite picture from the trip...love it and him!


When we got home, he was serenaded with my amazing singing skills!  


Make a wish!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs