Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chocolate Cupcakes and Chuck Bass

In honor of the end of the school year, I baked some homemade chocolate cupcakes for some of my kid-os.  I have baked cupcakes before, but never homemade cupcakes...I always grab the box mix and throw in the eggs!  I have always loved baking and decided to kick things up a notch with these cupcakes.  The kids requested chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting...I much prefer vanilla, but these weren't for me...so chocolate it was!  I got both of my recipes from allrecipes.com.  The cupcakes were YUMMY and the frosting was super smooth and sweet. 

I have to admit I have a new-found respect for cupcake bakers...baking these chocolate goodies wasn't the easiest task I've ever conquered in my kitchen.  If I wouldn't have been talking on the phone while sifting together the ingredients, I wouldn't have had to make a 2nd run to Target!  (apparently I'm not as great as multi-tasking as I thought!)  My house still smells like a chocolate factory..if you're in the neighborhood and want a sweet-treat, please stop by...I have some extras!   :)


Batter for the cupcakes


Can you tell I'm not the 'neatest' baker?  I had chocolate EVERYWHERE!


Let them bake for 20 minutes...


Kind of look like muffins as opposed to cupcakes...


Time for frosting!!


Voile!  The kids LOVED them!



Right along with my love of cupcakes is my love of Chuck Bass....I heart Chuck Bass.  He is basically the sole reason I watch Gossip Girl...that, and of course to see the clothes!  I was always a Mr. Big fan on SATC, and I think Chuck reminds me of him...sexy, powerful, always in a suit, wealthy = total hotness.  After I finished scraping chocolate off the walls  cleaning up the kitchen, I sat down to watch the season finale of GG.  I have 5 words for y'all...Chuck. Bass. In. a. TUX.   If you missed the episode, watch it online...he melted me.  I'm a HUGE Chuck and Blair fan too and am hoping that when the show returns in the fall, they will somehow get back together...I've got my fingers crossed!!


If he looked at me like this, I think my knees would buckle.



Let the countdown begin until summer vacation....7 days to go! 


post signature

1 comment:

  1. I heart Chuck Bass. I heart Chuck & Blair. I HEART GG! SUCH a good finale....I'm already counting down until it comes back in the fall. WIsh I'd had a yummy homemade cupcake to snack on while I watched it last night:)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs